|SCHEDULE OF EVENTS||DOWNLOAD OUR HANDBILL|
|REGISTER FOR SOLAR WORKSHOPS||EVENT NAVIGATION MAPS|
This 21st Expo will pack a punch with a member and exhibitor reception and keynote kickoff on Friday night followed by a full day of educational activities and exhibits all day long on Saturday!
- This year’s co-sponsors, the Advanced Technology Environmental and Education Center (ATEEC) and Eastern Iowa Community College (EICC) will add an extra surge of energy with a specialized youth program in their Interactive Learning Lab.
- Take a self-guided tour to sustainable sites around the city.
- The state-wide initiative, Iowa Renewable Energy Jobs 2020 (IREJ2020) will lead an informative discussion on the need for advanced renewable energy policy in Iowa to spur job growth and a cleaner environment!
- A renewable energy art exhibit and workshop with renowned artists Anthony Castronovo and Nacho Zamora, Solar Artworks, will highlight the beautiful crossroads of art and technology in the cityscape!
- Expert presenters and exhibitors, even members of the University of Iowa Solar Car Team!! will demystify the 5 W’s to help you make your renewable energy goals a reality..
- The presentation format this year was inspired by former two-term governor of Michigan, Jennfer Granholm’s
- “Race to the Top” talk. It will consist of three 20 minute power-punch talks. These talks will be followed by a moderator led table discussion to encourage collaborative interaction with the audience and inspire beneficial collective responses to the promise and challenges of renewable energy. These conversations will be streamed out live via Google hangout and captured on the i-Renew youTube channel.
- The morning session titled “Game Changers for Green Cities” will feature “Think Global” speakers that inspire deepening, reflection and engagement with the promise of evolving Iowa cities toward a more sustainable presence on the planet.
- The afternoon session titled “Game Changers Driven Green” will feature “Act Local” exemplars to inspire deepening commitment and embodied action. These talks will deal with every day challenges arising when individuals take sustainable actions and how community involvement can help us get where we want to go.